If you are reading this, then you must be thinking that either you or someone you know, may need our help.
Sex addiction can take many forms such as online infidelity, pornography addiction or seeking out escorts and sex workers but the main issues that drive this behaviour are usually the same.
It is worth mentioning at this point that engaging in specific sexual activities, having many partners, looking at porn or engaging in cyber-sex does not make a person a sex addict. Neither does having a high sex drive.
If however sexual activity becomes excessive and out of control, then it likely to result in harm to the individual, their partner, or to family and friends as well as their professional standing. Sex addiction is therefore defined not so much by the activity itself but by the possible negative effects on the person and their family’s quality of life.
What are the signs of Porn and Sexual Addiction?
Leading experts in Porn and Sex Addiction, suggest the following as some of the possible warning signs:
- Feeling that your behaviour is out of control.
- Engaging in high risk sexual behaviours.
- Excessive masturbation, chronic masturbation, compulsive masturbation.
- Needing more and more of the sexual activity in order to experience the same level of high.
- Being aware that there may be severe consequences if you continue but feeling unable to stop your behaviour, in spite of knowing the consequences.
- Becoming increasingly secretive, moody, isolated and irritable.
- Escalation in behaviours: pornography, chat/phone sex,
- Having sex with strangers.
- Unable to form close and loving relationships.
- Putting the pursuit of sexual activities before career, family, health and other personal responsibilities.
- Considering or becoming actively involved in criminal activity to satisfy a craving for sex or turn a sex fantasy into a reality.
escorts, sex clubs.
If you can identify with any of the above, our discreet and professional counselling service can be of great help to you.